Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Peyton's Party!

The big weekend has come & gone...we celebrated Peyton's birthday! We were lucky to have Nana & Papa Rusty come from Fl, Uncle Jeremy & Lele from Ms, Grandmama & Grandaddy from Ky, & Uncle Phil, Aunt Nancy, & Carter from Ky.  I had spent many hours planning his party & anticipating this event.  Late Friday night, it hit me...this party is not for Peyton, but for Jonathan & me.  We were grateful for those that attended, as they all have impacted our lives this past year. As I've posted before, birthday's are important to me, as it's the ONE day of the year to make your loved ones feel extra-special.

Some of my favorite moments captured on the camera -

Grandmama feeding Peyton ice cream! 

Peyton loving the tractor!

Lauren, Peyton, & Me
Can you see Peyton's smocked farm outfit?
Notice the photo banner! (Thanks Codye!)

Enjoying "Pigs in a Blanket"

Centerpieces: Notice Peyton's "farm" Pictures in Jars

Cupcakes, Favors (Animal CDs), & Baby Book! 

"Farm Food" 
Once I decided on Peyton's party theme, I had so much fun planning around the theme.  For our food: Pigs in a Blanket (grilled hot dogs), a Vegetable Patch (veggies & dip), Slop (slaw), Straw (slaw), Farmer's Favorite (watermelon), Doggies Treats (cupcakes & ice cream), & a full trough (drinks).  The silverware was wrapped in bandanas.  You can see the centerpieces in mason jars.  For our favors, we burned Peyton's favorite animal CD, wrapped in brown bags with farm stickers & a farm picture of Peyton. We had straw, tractors, red wagons (full of gifts!), Scarecrow Sally, balloons, etc.  I handmade banners with die-cut farm paper.  My favorite - a photo banner of Peyton's monthly growth.  It's amazing how fast they grow!

I do hope Peyton felt loved & special! Thank you to all who attended his party.  I look forward to many more birthday parties! Our boy is growing up!

May you experience much love from those closest to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment