Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Frazzled Female

The title of the blog has two meanings in my life -
1. I believe since started back to full-time work, as Mommy, I am a frazzled female...
2. I have the honor of leading a group of women in the Royston community through The Frazzled Female Bible Study by Cindi Wood.


This past week has been tough in the Barlow household - early mornings, late nights, few hours as a family, too many items on the "to-do" list, difficult conversations...  But, the highlight of my week was the Wednesday night Bible study.  I was asked to lead in the Spring, & I said "no" due to new town, new home, new baby, new job.... This fall, I felt lead to lead the women's study.   As I anticipated the introductory lesson, my prayer was for God to be present, & I was overwhelmed with answered prayers.  My prayer for the women in the study is the subtitle, "Finding Peace in the Midst of Daily Life."  It is a wonderful study (I have done it before) & highly suggest it to anyone! Here is the link to the website -
http://www.frazzledfemale.com/
Check it out if you are interested!

Tonight at church we sang the hymn, "Higher Ground."  The words reminded me that God is present is ALL we say & do.  May we all see that we are on higher ground this week.


I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;Still praying as I’m onward bound,“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”
  • Refrain:
    Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
    By faith, on Heaven’s tableland,
    A higher plane than I have found;
    Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

1 comment:

  1. wow.. I so know the feeling of that frazzled female!! I need to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete