Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Moment to Sit...

It is an unusual Sunday morning for us.  Peyton & I are not at Royston Baptist worshiping with Jonathan.  Instead, he is asleep in his crib & I am relaxing on the couch.  Peyton has been sick for the past week.  We took him to the doctor, diagnosed with a sinus infection, & we thought, healing.  Peyton threw up for the 2nd morning in a row.  Yesterday, we thought it was his sinus infection medicine, but this morning he threw up, without having his medicine.  As a new mom, it is scary to watch your baby throw up.  I am praying  that his little body heals soon. 
I have learned as a mother, you do not sit down much.  You are taking care of your children, your husband, your animals (in my case, our golden retriever, Derby), working outside the home, chores - cooking, cleaning, etc.  Therefore, it is rare for me to have a quiet Sunday morning to think.  I was able to start a book, The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian.  It is wonderful.  I am reminded of God's promises, "Pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord.  Lift your hands toward Him for the life of your young children" (Lamentations 2:19).  I was reminded this quiet morning to be in prayer with fervency & passion for Peyton & anticipate the prayers being answered.  The book - 
 Parents of any age children - I encourage you to read this book.  I am reminded that I cannot parent alone! 
On a different note, I had to include a few weekend snapshots. We hosted a shower for Misty & Baby Girl Holland.  I love being a part of baby showers....everyone is so excited & we all "oooh & aaah" at the precious clothes.  We also took Peyton to meet Santa.  It was hilarious...he screamed & was afraid of him.  Santa was even laughing at Peyton's reaction.  Maybe next year....
Billie Jean, Misty & Baby Girl, & Me

Peyton & Santa...not happy!

Take 2...hoping with me, he won't be as scared...not so!

May God bless you this Sunday morning! May you find time to be quiet in His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment