Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Thanksgiving full of THANKS!

Don't you have MUCH to be thankful for this year? Did you spend time this Thanksgiving holiday reflecting on all of God's goodness?  Jonathan & I have FULL hearts of many, many things that we are thankful for this 2012 year.
We have returned from Destin, Florida where we spent Thanksgiving with Jonathan's family.  Our home is being transformed into a winter wonderland & Peyton's excitement grows as I tell him about snow, Jesus' birth, & Santa coming to town.  But, as I prepare to go back to work tomorrow morning (& 3 days later I am posting this blog...my new life), I wanted to spend some time sharing with you what I am thankful for this year -
1. Nolan's health - We truly are blessed that Nolan is cancer free.  He truly is a miracle from God. Nolan smiles ALL THE TIME, coos, laughs, & is our little happy baby.  We have seen God's goodness through Nolan.  
My favorite newborn picture of Nolan
Nolan's 1st Thanksgiving
 2. Peyton's energetic personality - Peyton does not stop - he runs, plays, talks, & puts a smile on our faces. I had no idea parenting would bring so much JOY, but also so many challenges.  Peyton reminds us of that everyday.  
Peyton loves to wear my sunglasses & his bike helmet when we go running!
 3. Our jobs (& this includes our church family, due to that being Jonathan's work place)  - God has answered our prayers & callings in life.  We are grateful for our co-workers & the communities we work with everyday. 
Celebrating Thanksgiving with my precious Kindergarten Indians
 4. Our home & health - After Nolan's surgery & miraculous diagnosis, I do not take my health for granted.  We are grateful for the ability to exercise & have good health. 
Thanksgiving Day 10K
 5. Our dog, Derby - Derby loves the boys & the boys love Derby! 
6. My husband, Jonathan - Jonathan is truly my soul-mate - he knows me better than I know myself.  He knows how to encourage, support, & challenge me. He is an excellent father & where I am weak, he is strong. God has blessed me with my husband & our marriage.  
Celebrating Jonathan's 30th birthday!
 7. Our extended family, our friends, & the list could go on....

Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment