Wednesday, March 2, 2011

6 and counting...

Peyton turned six months yesterday! I can't believe how fast time flies! Our precious Peyton has been with us for 1/2 a year....& the things I have learned in 6 months!
Peyton 6 months old!
6 Things I have learned about being a Mommy...
6. Mylicon became my new best friend! Peyton has acid reflux & being a new parent you learn as you go! Thankfully, we learned about Mylicon when Peyton was only 2 weeks old.  For my friends & sister expecting - have it on hand...just in case!
5. Baby weight does take time to come off! I've completed the 60-day Insanity workout program with Jonathan, run 3-4 days a week (thank you Billie Jean & Deborah!!!), watched my calories (although I can't count due to supplying food to Peyton), keeping a daily food log, etc.  Those 6-7 pounds are NOT coming off! The saying seems to be true - 9 months on...9 months off.
4. Baby Food: There is not a clear cut answer on when to begin, what to begin with, or to make or buy.  Thankfully, my long-time friend, Beth & my new Roystonian friend, Misty have given me lots of advice! So - ask a friend, ask your mother, ask your pediatrician to get the best advice. 
Peyton's first time eating carrots!

3. Begin Pumping Early & SAVE, SAVE, SAVE! Need I say more?
2. My house can't stay sparkling clean anymore!  I've decided that it's more important to spend quality time with Peyton than to have the cleanest bathrooms on the block.  Therefore, I am trying to let go of my idea of a "perfectly" clean home.  I've become a pro at multi-tasking in front of the TV, using nap times to clean, & to put Peyton in the Bumbo while in the kitchen. It's OK  if the floors are swept every other day, rather than daily!
1. I couldn't imagine doing this parent job alone! I have a new admiration those singe parents that do raise babies. Jonathan - thank you! Thank you for your endless help with raising our son.  Thank you for being an honorable father figure to Peyton.  Thank you for complimenting my strengths & weaknesses in parenting. The past 6 months have been a team effort!
Peyton's first baseball game! 

3 weeks away from Peyton's arrival! I love you JB!

Peyton - I love you with all my heart! Thank you family & friends for ALL your encouragement & support these 6 months! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment