Sunday, February 20, 2011

Jonathan's Jumping in on this Blog Thing

So, Susan has been diligently writing posts since the beginning of the blog.  I have been quite the slacker so I thought I would give an update about some things that have been fun over the last few months. 

I loved the snow!  Peyton seemed to like it as well!  I wanted to make the best snowman ever and bottom line it was a miserable failure!  (I am truly from Mississippi)
 However, although I am from Mississippi I had never been to a hog killing!  It was something else!  Thank you Mayes for the experience! 

 As gross as the below picture might look, the process was quite fascinating.  I wish that I could have stayed through the entire process... I can't even remember now why I had to leave before the hog became sausage but I am sure that each step was as fascinating as the ones I was able to see.
 I liked this photo because I have just been working out and didn't change or anything, I just started reading to Peyton.  Peyton looks completely uninterested in the book and captivated by what Susan is doing... Oh well!  At least I was trying and I am sure he was taking it all in!
 The last two are from our vacation.  We went to Destin, Fl.  The temperature was cold but as you can see from the photos the beach was gorgeous.  The plan is to visit my parents for the Super Bowl each year so this was the inaugural Barlow Super Bowl weekend!  It was lots of fun and am hopeful that each year is more and more fun!  Keep following the blog and certainly I will have contributed again by that point. 
 Look at how happy Susan looks!  She loves the beach!
  I am loving Royston, loving being a dad, and everything that comes along with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment