Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Blessed & Thankful November

Where are you, November?  The days seemed to FLY by... we celebrated Derby's birthday, my Dad's birthday, & Jonathan's birthday.  As you can see from the picture, we celebrated Jonathan's at home - grilled steaks & homemade milk chocolate pound cake.  Jonathan & I used our date night to pick out a mattress! :) Our Christmas & birthday gifts for this year are mattresses (man...we are getting old!).  It was a sweet celebration with my boys.
Jonathan's Birthday - the boys want cake! 
I was counting down the days for Thanksgiving break - the students & I both needed a break!  We had the BEST time in Kentucky.  I got to see my college roommates, who continue to be the BEST of friends.  I have been in Georgia for NINE years & they still call, email, text, & make time for me when I come to visit!  I am so blessed.  It was so much fun to see the kids - as our group continues to grow (& some couldn't make it due to sickness & bad weather).  Jonathan asked, "What did we talk about?"...with 5 children under the age of 5 there's not much quality conversation...ha!
Sarah, Ella, Codye, Campbell, Barrett, & my boys 
BUT - I LOVED every minute with the sweet girls!  I am convinced we will be forever friends.
Sarah, Codye, & Me 
On Thanksgiving day, Phil, Jonathan, Anna & baby, & I ran the Thoroughbred Classic at Keeneland race track in 21 degree weather (& a wind chill of 9)!  Nancy had a feast when we returned & also hosted our growing group for Thanksgiving dinner.  We had all of my favorites, ate too much, & exchanged Christmas gifts.  We made many memories.
Happy Thanksgiving! 
Look at these precious boys - Carter 2 1/2, Nolan 16 months, & Peyton 3 years
Carter, Nolan, & Peyton 
My sweet sisters & their unborn babies (Anna with a baby BOY & Nancy & unknown gender baby)!

Me (& NO baby), Anna & baby, Nancy & baby
We have much to be thankful for this year - a healthy-walking 3-year old, a cancer-free 16 month old, a teaching job for me, & a wonderful church who loves our family.  Don't you have much to be grateful for during this holiday season?  God is so good & I am reminded of that daily.  Happy belated Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment