Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Glimpse of God's Goodness

Since Peyton was born, I have always said, "How does one not believe in God after having a child?" I believe the miracle of pregnancy & birth is truly God's greatest gifts to us.  As Peyton has grown the past two years, I continue to be amazed how this child teaches me about God's grace & goodness.
After Nolan was born, I was reminded that I serve a God who heals.  I was reminded of this lesson during my quiet time last week as I read Jesus Calling by Sarah Young (I have blogged about this book in a previous post).  It states,
"I am a God who heals.  I heal broken bodies, broken minds, broken hearts, broken lives, & broken relationships.  My very Presence has immense healing powers.  You cannot live close to Me without experiencing some degree of healing." 
Isn't this true? Our God heals us & many of you prayed for a complete healing for my little baby boy.  Thank you, because I was praying for the doctors, surgeons, for Nolan's reaction to anesthesia, & for a 'peace that passes all understanding.' Looking at the reality of the situation & what we were facing, I did not often pray for a complete healing for Nolan, but you did (as many of you have told me).  Thankfully, God heard the prayers from you. I continue to be grateful.  Many prayers to you & your family this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the passage from Sarah Young's book. It is true. Many people need healing. It's our turn to pray for others.
    See you soon!
    Love to all 4!
    mom
    Would love the new born picture picture of Nolan here!

    ReplyDelete