Thursday, April 21, 2011

Life is a Gift!

Today celebrates the 5 year anniversary of my little sister, Anna's accident.  Five years ago, I got a phone call from my mother that Anna had been in a tragic accident, unsure if she would make it through the night.  It was through family, friends, & faith that we made it through several weeks of the unknown.  I am truly reminded of God's great miracles on this day.
Anna has truly embraced life - she has become an occupational therapist, now helping others.  She understands how to live life to the fullest - quality time with family & friends.  Anna never takes a day for granted - knowing life is a gift.
In our moment of grief, our result was filled with great joy, Anna having a full recovery.  I know many families do not see such a positive outcome.  I am thankful...
Tonight, I am reminded of God's promise, "Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens & earth by your great power & outstretched arm.  Nothing is too hard for You." Jeremiah 32:17
Anna celebrating our pregnancy!
June 19, 2010: Anna's Wedding
Peyton's Arrival

2 comments:

  1. I won't forget that day either! You and Jonathan were coming over for dinner that night & I got your call. I'm so thankful for her healing and full recovery. What a beautiful five years it has been!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about life being a gift - God is so good to allow us to have relationships with Him and with each other. We've learned as a family to count each day a gift. We're thankful Anna continues to show God's goodness.
    We love you, Susan, Jonathan, and Peyton!!!!
    mom

    ReplyDelete