Navigating our lives as parents and ministers in Royston
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Nolan is TWO! Life lessons from a 2-year old!
Tomorrow, our second born, Nolan Crosby, is going to be two! I can't believe it! Where have two years gone? Nolan is our huggable, lovable, sweet spirited little boy. He LOVES his big brother & attempts to do everything that Peyton can do - sometimes he succeeds & sometimes he fails! I thought it might be appropriate to share a few tidbits of knowledge I have learned the past two years. Things Nolan has taught me in the past two years -
1. Embrace LIFE - Nolan loves life & smiles (even when he's crying). He loves being around people (to the point where I have trouble getting things accomplished when he's awake). He loves going to new places. He loves trying new foods. He truly has embraced life & I'm reminded I need to have this attitude daily.
2. Be adventurous - Nolan loves any adventure (like his Papa) - from going 25 MPH on the jet ski, to sliding down a huge slide, to asking to swing HIGHER. I tend to stay on the cautious side & blessed I have a little boy who isn't afraid to try something new.
3. SMILE - Nolan smiles to EVERYONE - nursery workers, grocery cashiers, my girlfriends, neighbors, & even strangers. What a wonderful reminder - a smile can take us far places.
4. Have Fun - Nolan loves to laugh - whether that's being tickled or that he finds Peyton acting silly, he laughs. Similar to smiling, I've been reminded on my tough days, Nolan's laughter makes everything much better.
Nolan's first popsicle
5. Be Content - Isn't contentment a hard word? Well, this boy doesn't struggle with it at his young age. He is one of the most content toddlers I've been around, which is such a blessing in our household.
Nolan's first fishing trip
May I always find lessons I can learn through my children! Happy Birthday Nolan Crosby!