Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Blessed & Bittersweet Easter Holiday

How was your Easter? Were you able to celebrate with family?  Our holiday weekend began with some big news concerning my career - I am being moved  to a different school in the county teaching 4th grade for the 2013-2014 school year.  Our county is going through a reconstruction, & due to many changes, I also am changing.  I am not sure I can handle a 3rd school in a 3rd grade within 2 years.  God is going to have to provide me with daily strength as I face this upcoming challenge.  God is going to have to give me peace about this change.  I am having to remind myself we serve a good God who cares.
So, this is how the weekend began....
After much talking & tears, I decided I must enjoy these precious moments with my boys & extended family.  I cannot dwell on my sadness & anticipation of what's ahead.  My in-laws came in from Florida, & we enjoyed every minute! We played at the park, went shopping, cooked a big Easter dinner, dyed Easter eggs, had an egg hunt (without candy, & Peyton still loved it...haha!), & watched basketball!  We loved every minute.  I don't think we could've squeezed anything else into the short weekend! :)
Nana & Peyton dying eggs! 
Egg Hunt with new best friend, Rex
Seeing his Easter basket! 
Nolan loved the Easter grass! 
Easter Sunday! Papa Gerald, Jonathan & Nolan, Me & Peyton, Nana, Papa Rusty 
Four Generations of Barlow Boys! 
I hope your Easter was blessed with happy memories.  May the Living God give you hope & joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment