Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Beach Bums!

I married into the right family...my in-laws live in Destin, Florida! This past weekend, Jonathan, Peyton, & I traveled to Destin to celebrate my mother-in-laws birthday, run a 1/2 marathon, & enjoy a long weekend with cousins.  Our highlights -
1. Jonathan ran the 1/2 marathon in 1:29!!! He was 1st in his age group & 15th overall! Miss Ophelia finished under 3:00 & did amazingly well! We are so proud of them both!
2. Peyton & Lele LOVED the ocean (& it was freezing)! It was so much fun to watch my toddler squeal at the waves.  They would've stayed outside all day...shivering.
3. Celebrating Miss Ophelia's birthday at our favorite restaurant,  Sticky's.  If you travel to the Destin area, it is a MUST! SOOOO delicious!
4. Catching up with family! We miss seeing siblings, parents, & cousins.  I hope Peyton (& baby boy) really know & love their cousins.  I cherish moments watching the children play together.
It was a great weekend.  Peyton & Jonathan both came home sick - pink eye, sinus infection, & a contagious virus (along with Peyton cutting 4 teeth).  Therefore, I've sanitized the house tonight, hoping I do not get it.
Bath time with the cousins!

Lele & Peyton: You can see their squeals!

This pictures captures Peyton's true joy!

Jonathan & Peyton after the race

The Runners: Jonathan & Ophelia
What special memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment